If you are looking for an easy and economical way to brighten up your accessories, living, or workspace, look no further than the simple washi tape. Yes! You heard it right. This simple accessory can be used in so many amazing ways. Let’s learn about the washi tape and how you can use it.
What is washi tape
Washi tape is a decorative adhesive tape made out of Japanese rice paper. Some forms of tape are also fashioned out of hemp or bamboo. If you are a crafter, you may have seen the washi tape at stores in stationery or crafts shops. The washi paper is thin and quite durable and comes in many designs and colors so that you can use it for various projects and activities.
Uses of washi tapes
Here are some of the many ways you can use the washi tape.
- Washi tapes can be used to make amazing wall art. If you are looking for decorating ideas on a budget, you can fashion various kinds of patterns or geometric designs from a washi tape that goes with the theme of your room.
- Tired of your simple-looking laptop or tablet? Use washi tapes to liven up your smart devices. You can easily scrape it off if you get tired of the design.
- Washi tapes can be used to make DIY picture frames. You can get the basic ones from the market and use different kinds of washi tapes to make customized designs. The frames will look great and immediately brighten up the space where you place them.
- You can also personalize your stationery items like your pencils, pens, or markers with the washi tape. This way, you will have customized stationery and won’t lose it easily either.
- If you are fond of making journals or scrapbooks, you can use the washi type to perk up your simple journals or notebooks.
These are just a few of the many ways you can use washi tapes. They are great for various forms of crafting and decoration project ideas.