Washi tapes are decorative tapes that come in many unique designs and colors. They are usually made out of natural elements and have adhesive properties. You can use them for various purposes, particularly arts and crafts. While they are quite inexpensive, they can immediately perk up anything you add them to.
You might have seen them in stationery stores in arts and crafts sections. If you have never used them, you might be wondering what they are exactly and how you can use them. Well, no need to keep wondering as we are here to help. Read on to learn more about their properties and various uses.
What are washi tapes?
As suggested earlier, washi tapes are adhesive tapes used for embellishing purposes. Washi tapes are quite thin and durable made out of rice paper or other natural substances like bamboo or hemp. You can use them on multiple surfaces, including paper, plastic, wood and even metal. While they stick easily, you can just as easily remove them from the surface too.
Washi tapes come in various sizes, colors, designs and patterns. The versatility in their design makes them suitable for various projects and activities.
How to use them
You may be amazed by the number of ways you can use the washi tapes. Here are a few ideas
- Want to perk up your wall? Use a washi tape to make geometric patterns and paint the segmented sections in various colors to create an artistic impact.
- You can use washi tapes to make customized diaries or notebooks. A plain notebook can immediately become a cool accessory with the addition of a washi tape.
- Looking for a bookmark for your book? Simply take a piece of cardboard or hard paper and add designs with washi tapes to make an instant DIY bookmark.
- You can create unique wall art with frames or posters adorned with washi tapes. It makes for a unique yet inexpensive way to decorate your room.
- You can also decorate your personal belongings like your folders, pencils or your pencil case with a little washi tape to make them unique and cool at the same time.
- You can also use washi tapes to make customized stickers for your home accessories like mugs, trays, etc.
These are just some of the ways you can use washi tape. We are sure you can come up with a lot more ways to use them.